Note that online directions and GPS navigators often take people the long way! The step-by-step directions below are tried and true.
Directions to Camp Tadmor
@ Camp Tadmor
43943 McDowell Creek Dr.
Lebanon, OR 97355
The most common problem people have in getting to Tadmor is in thinking they have gone too far. We often tell people, "When you think you've gone too far, then you're almost there!" Where the pavement ends and the gravel starts - that's where Tadmor begins!
- Take the 181st Ave. exit.
- Take I-5 south to exit 228 (Lebanon/Corvallis exit).
- Take Hwy 34 east towards Lebanon.
- In approx. 8 miles, the right hand lane turns into an exit (Denny School Rd.) Take this exit. Follow this road into Lebanon.
- Turn right at the 2nd traffic light (Main St. / Hwy. 20). Walmart will be on the far end of town.
- Approx. four miles past Walmart look for a large brown sign on the right side of the road that says "McDowell Creek Park".
- Turn left on the next street (Fairview Drive). Veer immediately right, and follow Fairview, which, about a mile up the road, veers to the left and turns into McDowell Creek Drive.
- Follow McDowell Creek Drive nine miles to McDowell Creek Park.
- Pass through the park and on up the hill three more miles to the Tadmor entrance.
- Take I-5 north to exit 216 at Halsey.
- Take Hwy 228 towards Brownsville, Sweet Home. Pass through Brownsville, follow Hwy 228 until it ends in Sweet Home.
- Turn left on Hwy 20 and proceed 1/4 mile, turn right on Pleasant Valley Rd. at sign that says "McDowell Creek Park".
- The road will curve to the left at the kindergarten—follow the curve. At the next "Y" in the road, stay to the right. Pleasant Valley Road eventually turns into Berlin Road.
- At intersection of McDowell Creek Drive there is a stop sign. Turn right onto McDowell Creek Drive.
- Proceed 4 miles to the park. Pass through the park and up the hill three more miles to the Tadmor entrance.
- Traveling west on Hwy 20, proceed past Cascadia to Foster Lake.
- Turn right at sign just prior to Foster Lake saying "Green Peter Dam/Quartsville."
- Follow Quartsville Road just one mile (over two bridges) to River Road.
- Turn left on River Road and proceed 1/2 mile to Sunnyside Road.
- Turn right at Sunnyside Road and travel 2.5 miles to McDowell Creek Dr. (Sunnyside Road will turn to gravel). Go left on McDowell Creek for 2 miles. The Tadmor entrance is on the right, just prior to the road returning to pavement again.